Scandinavian Designs in Cupertino/San Jose is looking for an energetic Sales Manager. We are a premier furniture and home décor retailer. The Sales Manager supports the Store Manager by maximizing sales using professional management of the store's operations and positively supporting its image in the marketplace. The position of Sales Manager requires an individual with previous management and sales experience. This person must be professional in attitude and appearance, be a positive role model and an enthusiastic team leader. The Sales Manager must be able to make decisions using reasonable and effective judgment. In addition, this person must possess excellent communication, merchandising and design skills. The Sales Manager reports to the Store Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, design or similar field or equivalent.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record of successful sales experience in a consumer product service environment.
- Ability to coach a team to optimum performance.
- Design background preferred.
- The ability to use good judgment and effective decision making in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience supervising staff, scheduling and reporting payroll.
- Demonstrated effective and persuasive communications and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in basic math, 10 key and computer data entry, report and look up.
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Able to successfully complete our pre-employment screening necessary to obtain this role.
This is a full-time position and the schedule will include weekends. We offer extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation includes a competitive commission program, sales incentives and a comprehensive health and retirement benefits package.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. Our Company does not consider an individual's race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, sex, genetic characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local law in any employment decision.